Ak-Chin Pavilion Tips: Events, Parking, Best Seats, Guide
This Ak-Chin Pavilion tips guide will help you plan your next visit to Phoenix. We have tons of information below including:
Ak-Chin Pavilion Summary
When you make the move to live in Phoenix, you open yourself up to myriad opportunities to enjoy concerts and other live entertainment. Ak-Chin Pavilion is one of Phoenix’s premier outdoor entertainment venues. From Billy Joel to Lollapalooza, Ak-Chin Pavilion has played host to a wide variety of live events since opening in 1990.
As one of the nation’s most unique outdoor entertainment venues, the amphitheater, most recently known as Desert Sky Pavilion, is equipped with room for 8,000 guests under the roof, while a spacious lawn behind the stands holds over 12,000. Ak-Chin Pavilion has an overall capacity of approximately 20,000.
In this post, we will walk you through some tips to enable you to enjoy a memorable experience when next you’re in the area to see your favorite music artists.
Upcoming Ak-Chin Pavilion Events
Upcoming concert events at Ak-Chin Pavilion in Phoenix are listed below. Click on the 'Buy Tickets' link to be redirected right to Ticketmaster where you can buy tickets! Click on the links in the event name to check out our full guide for that event.
Ak-Chin Pavilion Parking Tips
Grab an awesome parking spot before you head to the stadium! Use the SpotHero widget below to select your event, view nearby parking to the stadium, and purchase your parking pass in advance.
Ak-Chin Pavilion Seating Chart & Tips
If you are concerned about people walking in front of you during a concert, avoid seats in 300 sections. While they are reserved seats, there is a concourse in front of them where everyone walks to get another beer or take a trip to the restroom.
The best seats are located in sections 201 and 205. At these sections, you will have a view of the entire stage. These are also areas where there is no roof cover, so on hot evenings there are no fans circulating air there.
Ak-Chin Pavilion Nearby Hotels To Stay At
The following hotels are nearby the Ak-Chin Pavilion and are recommended by us.
- Best Western Tolleson Hotel – $115 per night
- Avondale Exquisite Home – $109 per night
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott West Tolleson – $269 per night
- Comfort Suites Glendale – $188 per night
- Red Roof Plus+ Inn & Suites West Phoenix – $198 per night
- Holiday Inn West Phoenix – $199 per night
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Avondale – $329 per night
- Hilton Garden Inn Avondale – $249 per night
- WoodSpring Suites I-10 Est Phoenix – $153 per night
- Renaissance Hotel & Spa Glendale – $359 per night
- Aloft Hotel Glendale at Westgate – $249 per night
Listed below are all of the hotels around Ak-Chin Pavilion in Phoenix. Enter your dates and the map will automatically update with live hotel prices for your stay!
Click on a hotel to be transferred to our sponsor, Booking.com. If you've never used them before, they are 100% guaranteed to have the best prices and selection.
Restaurants Near Ak-Chin Pavilion
Listed below are the top five rated restaurants in Phoenix within 2 miles (3.2km) of Ak-Chin Pavilion according to Yelp.
|Golden Thai Kitchen||4.5 / 5||$$||1820 N 75th Ave|
|Tornados||5 / 5||7611 W Thomas Rd|
|Mariscos La Phoenikera||4.5 / 5||$||7537 W Thomas Rd|
|El Pueblo Mexican Restaurant||4.5 / 5||2270 N 75th Ave|
|Kahu Hawaiian BBQ||4.5 / 5||$||7509 W Encanto Blvd|
Phoenix, AZ 85035
Best Attractions in Phoenix
Other Ak-Chin Pavilion Information
Ak-Chin Pavilion Stadium Foods
Don’t forget to grab any of these foods as you watch your favorite artist perform:
- Kepta Duona
- Avocado Fries
- Fried pickles
- Bananas Foster
- Grilled cheese
- Deep dish pizza
Ak-Chin Pavilion Know Before You Go
Ak-Chin Pavilion Parking Tips
Ak-Chin Pavilion parking lots open 2 hours before the event starts. For the majority of events at Ak-Chin Pavilion, there is no extra fee for parking, as it is typically included into your ticket price.
Meanwhile VIP parking is reached from 79th Ave. Accordingly, VIP parking is available for an additional fee. VIP parking is available for $40 USD per bus/RV/limo, while VIP parking is available for vehicles at $20 USD.
Ak-Chin Pavilion Tips
The following items are allowed into Ak-Chin Pavilion:
- One sealed water bottle (1.5 liter limit)
- Cameras (non-professional)
- Chairs (no higher than 9”)
- [Lawn chairs are available for rent on-site]
- Rain Jackets
- Seat Cushions
- Small Umbrellas
The following items are prohibited from bringing into the Ak-Chin Pavilion:
- Audio Recorders
- Chairs (higher than 9”)
- Illegal Drugs
- Flash Photography
- Laser Pointers
- Pets (except service animals)
- Video Recorders
- Video (removable lens cameras)
- There are no play areas for children
- There is no charge for parking for most of the shows.
- In case you are physically challenged, wheelchair seating is available for those in sections 101, 203, 205, and 304.
- Sight and hearing impaired are available upon request
- Companion seating is also available in sections 100, 201, 202, 203, 204, and 205. To ensure your safety, companion seats are bolted down.
- Box office is usually open on every event day from 10 AM.
Did we miss any Ak-Chin Pavilion tips in our guide? Comment below if you have any further information to share!
Visit our home page for more tour and arena information including tickets, dates, setlists, live videos & more.