Staples Center Tips: Events, Parking, Best Seats, Guide
This Staples Center tips guide will help you plan your next visit to Los Angeles. We have tons of information below including:
Staples Center Summary
Staples Center is the premier sports and concert venue in downtown Los Angeles. It opened in 1999 as the home to both Los Angeles NBA Basketball teams and Los Angeles’ NHL hockey team.
Staples Center is located in the west downtown area of Los Angeles and sits in the middle of the Grammy Museum and the Los Angeles Convention Center. Outside of the stadium are statues of Magic Johnson (NBA) and Wayne Gretsky (NHL), two Los Angeles sports icons.
The last major overhaul to the arena happened in 2010, when all locker rooms were revamped and an improved scoreboard was installed.
The stadium is nearby both I-10 and Highway 110 to the south and west respectively.
Some other noteworthy amenities in the Staples Center include:
Being in downtown Los Angeles, there are tons of nearby hotels, restaurants, attractions, and things to do. We have some of the major items listed below in this Staples Center visitors guide! Make sure to comment below with any other questions, comments, and suggestions you might have!
Upcoming Staples Center Events
Upcoming concert events at Staples Center in Los Angeles are listed below. Click on the 'Buy Tickets' link to be redirected right to Ticketmaster where you can buy tickets! Click on the links in the event name to check out our full guide for that event.
|Date||Name||Tickets Starting At||Tickets Link|
|December 02- 2022||Marca MP|
|January 21- 2023||Calibash - Two Day Combo|
|January 21- 2023||Calibash|
|January 22- 2023||Calibash|
|February 17- 2023||Luis R Conriquez|
|March 13- 2023||Carrie Underwood|
|April 06- 2023||Muse w/ Evanescence|
|December 22- 2023||Anita Baker - The Songstress||$69.50|
Staples Center Parking Tips
Grab an awesome parking spot before you head to the stadium! Use the SpotHero widget below to select your event, view nearby parking to the stadium, and purchase your parking pass in advance.
Staples Center Seating Chart & Tips
Staples Center Nearby Hotels To Stay At
There are a large number of Los Angeles hotels located north and east to the Staples Center. Being in downtown Los Angeles, the price for all of the hotels nearby are quite high.
If you are looking to stay nearby the Staples Center on a budget, The Freehand and Ace Hotel are two lesser-known hotels with good reviews amongst its guests.
On the high end, downtown Los Angeles is home to hotels such as the JW Marriott, Residence Inn, the Omni, and the Hilton Checkers, which all provide great amenities for a price.
Listed below are all of the hotels around Staples Center in Los Angeles. Enter your dates and the map will automatically update with live hotel prices for your stay!
Click on a hotel to be transferred to our sponsor, Booking.com. If you've never used them before, they are 100% guaranteed to have the best prices and selection.
Restaurants Near Staples Center
Again, being in downtown Los Angeles means plenty of food choices nearby the Staples Center.
For a quick bite to eat, there are multiple Subways near the stadium, as well as Chipotle and Panda Express.
There are a number of franchise chain restaurants to check out nearby like Wolfgang Puck and The Yard House Sports Bar.
For fine dining, both Fleming’s and the Palm are two high-end steakhouses only a few blocks away from The Staples Center.
Right across the street from the Staples Center is LA Live, a complex with multiple restaurants and shops to visit before and after the game. LA Live also has an outdoor skating rink where you can skate in downtown Los Angeles almost year round.
Listed below are the top five rated restaurants in Los Angeles within 2 miles (3.2km) of Staples Center according to Yelp.
|Yang Ga Neh||5 / 5||$||1676 W 11th St|
Los Angeles, CA 90015
|Momi Sushi||5 / 5||$$||645 W 9th St|
|Ono||5 / 5||915 Venice Blvd|
Los Angeles, CA 90015
|The Barbacoa Boyz||5 / 5||Clearwater , FL 33765|
|Cofilia||5 / 5||810 East Pico Blvd|
Best Attractions in Los Angeles
As we mentioned above in the restaurants section, across the street from the Staples Center is LA Live. Many tourists and visitors head to this area before and after the game for a bite to eat, to skate on the outdoor rink, or to check out many daily attractions, events, and shows.
Also right nearby LA Live is the Grammy Music museum.
For some green space, Grand Hope Park is less than a mile northeast of the Staples Center. You can find playground, lawn, and an iconic clock tower here.
Other Staples Center Information
Staples Center Fun Facts
- There is a secret tunnel which connects the away team locker room to a back door of the home team locker room.
- There are 160 luxury suites, 23 restaurants and over 1,200 television monitors throughout the arena
- Staples Center is named after the office supply store Staples who paid for the naming rights.
- The stadium has a total of 12 locker rooms.
- Staples Center stands more than 150 feet tall.
- The stadium used to be home to the Los Angeles Avengers from the Arena Football League from 2000 until 2008.
- In 2013, PETA called the Staples Center the most “Vegetarian Friendly” arena in the NBA.
Looking for more Staples Center information including what makes it such a great venue? Check out our reasons why Staples Center is a premier concert venue.
Staples Center Stadium Foods
Here are some of our favourite chosen concession stands within the Staples Center:
Located across from Section 109-110
Pizzas: BBQ Chicken, Pepperoni, Simple Pie, Veg Out, Seasonal 1-Top Vegetarian
Salads: Chicken Caesar
Desserts: Chocolate Chip Cookie, Brownie
Beverages: Draft Beer, Fountain Soda, Bottled Water
- One Top Seasonal Pizza – Located at Blaze Pizza
- Sweet Potato Fajita Nachos – Located at Tostitos Nachos Carts
- The Vegan Experience – Luxury and Event Suites Guests
- Impossible Meat Dumplings – Available to Luxury and Event Suites & Courtside Guests
- Baked Impossible Meatballs – Available to Luxury and Event Suites
- Avoid Gluten Bundle – Available to Luxury and Event Suite Guests
- Vegetarian Empanadas – Available at Golden Road Brew House
- Asian Salad – Available at Impact Sports Bar
- Wetzel’s Pretzel – Available all Wetzel’s Pretzel’s locations in Luxury and Event Suites, Suite Level A, Main and Upper Concourse Concessions
- Tater Tots – Available throughout Concessions and Premium area.
- Asian Salad – Available at Impact Sports Bar
- Three Cheese Mac n Cheese – Available in Suite Level A Carveries, SmokeHouse BBQ, Deli Dash and Goose Island Concession on Main Concourse
- Wetzel’s Pretzels – Available in Luxury and Event Suites, Suite Level A Carveries, both Main and Upper Concourse
- Tofu Bahn Mi – Visit Spotlight or Skyline Grill on Suite Level A to try our Tofu Bahn Mi Sandwich.
- Cheetos’s Crushed Mac n Cheese – Available in Luxury and Events Suites
- Wetzel’s Pretzels Available in Luxury and Event Suites, Suite Level A Carveries, both Main and Upper Concourse
- Fresh Seasonal Salads – Outtakes, Coca Cola Landing, Coolers by Budweiser, Goose Island Brew PubV&VN
- BS Taqueria Nachos – BS Taqueria
Did we miss any Staples Center tips in our guide? Comment below if you have any further information to share!
Visit our home page for more tour and arena information including tickets, dates, setlists, live videos & more.