Read our guide for the latest Los Angeles City news. Find out all of the details about the new Los Angeles Rams & Los Angeles Chargers football stadium including location, capacity, seating, construction, opening, and other news!
Below, we’ve compiled all of the updates about Los Angeles Stadium (also called City of Champions Stadium) news that you want to know. This includes:
- Opening Date
- Latest News
- Los Angeles Rams & Chargers
- Other Los Angeles Stadium Details
- Stadium Pictures
- & more!
Let’s dig into some of the details around this exciting new development in the LA area.
Los Angeles Stadium Location
The new Los Angeles Stadium is located in downtown LA east of the LAX International Airport. It is 10 miles south west of the Staple Centre and Dodgers Stadium, two other prominent LA arenas. It is walking distance from The Forum, the former home of the Los Angeles Lakers (Basketball) and Kings (Hockey).
In the overview below, you can see its location relative to The Forum, the Hollywood Park Casino, and other local amenities.
Surrounding the new stadium will be a massive entertainment centre a ton of great attractions and amenities:
- 6,000-seat performing arts venue
- 780,000 square feet of office space
- 890,000 square feet of retail space
- 300 hotel rooms
- 2,500 modern residences
- Approximately 25 acres of public parks, open space, pedestrian walkways and bicycle paths
- Family and fine dining
- State-of-the-art event, conference and meeting space
This is in addition to a brand new Hollywood Park Casino, which opened in 2016.
Los Angeles Stadium Opening Date
Under construction right now, the new stadium is expected to be ready by the start of the Los Angeles Rams & Chargers (formally St. Louis and San Diego) 2020 season. NFL pre-season begins the first week of August, so it is expected that the stadium will be ready by this date as well.
The first few events in the new stadium will be test runs in order to trial the stadium and find any flaws before the official opening in September 2020.
Latest Los Angeles Stadium News & Construction Updates
Below is a compilation of the latest Los Angeles Stadium news and updates:
June 26th – The Los Angeles Stadium at Hollywood Park is now considered 40% complete and has “topped out”. This means that the highest steel piece of the entire frame has been put into place. You can see an updated construction photo on page 2 of this guide at the bottom of this page.
March 27th – The entire Los Angeles Stadium and Hollywood Park environment is now expected to cost just short of 5 billion dollars. The debt limit was requested to the NFL owners and approved. The stadium itself has a price tag of 2.6 billion dollars.
November 17th, 2016 – Groundbreaking at the new stadium site has occurred and construction is set to begin.
Los Angeles Rams & Chargers Stadium Information
The Rams and Chargers are the primary tenants of the new stadium. The stadium has also been selected as host for a few prominent events in the future: the 2026 World Cup and the 2028 Olympic Games.
Los Angeles Rams & Chargers Personal Seat License Details
In order to have the opportunity to buy season tickets for one of the teams in the new stadium, you must put down a $100 refundable deposit towards of personal seat license (PSL). At a later date, you will have the chance to pick out a seat in the stadium, where you will then have to pay a seat license fee.
Similar to PSLs at other new stadium, a license will give you the following access and perks:
- The exclusive right to purchase tickets in your seat for games and events.
- Access to exclusive parts to the arena for food, drink, and memorabilia.
- The ability to resell your license to a third party.
- Parking and stadium access perks.
Other Los Angeles Stadium Details
The new stadium at Hollywood Park is going to be the most expensive stadium ever built, with a debt ceiling limit coming in at over 4.9 billion dollars for the arena and surrounding community. The arena alone is estimated to cost 2.6 billion dollars. Here are some of the most interesting details and features of the new facility:
- The stadium holds 70,000 fans for NFL game day, with the ability to expand seating to 100,000 for major events.
- The stadium has a largely open concept so that fans can see the field from almost anywhere they are standing.
- The roof is a 19-acre transparent ETFE canopy, similar to the one being installed at the new Las Vegas Stadium.
- A 60,000 foot Oculus viewing board will circle around the entire stadium.
- Much of the technology will be digitized in order to “flip a switch” between the Chargers and Rams game days.
Much of the finer details have not been announced in any Los Angeles Stadium news articles yet. We will update the details above as soon as more are released!
Los Angeles Stadium Pictures & Videos
We’ve compiled a viewing of pictures and videos supplied and shown in all Los Angeles Stadium news articles. For efficiency, we’ve posted them all in a single spot on the next page.
Click the page 2 link below to see Los Angeles Stadium pictures and videos.