Our Rogers Centre Arena Guide below outlines all of the information you need to know when visiting this stadium in downtown Toronto including Amenities, Attractions, Parking and more!
Rogers Centre Arena Guide
- Venue: Rogers Centre
- Address: 1 Blue Jays Way, Toronto, Ontario M5V 1J1
- Capacity: Baseball 49,282, CFL 31,074 expandable to 52,230, Concerts 10,000-55,000
Rogers Centre Arena Guide Information
Rogers Centre was formally known as the SkyDome, situated in downtown Toronto just southwest of the CN Tower. It opened in 1989 and is currently home to the Toronto Blue Jays of Major League Baseball. Rogers Communication bought the Blue Jays in 2005 and that is when it was renamed to Rogers Centre. The arena has a fully retractable motorized roof, as well as a 348 room hotel attached to it with 70 of those rooms overlooking the field.
Rogers Centre Arena Guide: Amenities
- Features a fully motorized retractable roof composed of 4 panels and covers an area of 345,000 square feet. Takes about 20 minutes for the roof to fully close and open.
- Rogers Centre is one of two remaining venues in Major League Bseball that is still using artificial turf, with Tropicana Field in Tampa Bay being the other one. Rogers Centre has just implemented a full dirt infield just prior to the opening of the 2016 season.
- There are a total of 5,700 club seats and 161 luxury suites at Rogers Centre. The Renaissance Toronto Hotel is also attached to Rogers Centre with approximately 70 of those rooms overlooking the field.
- TD Comfort Clubhouse is a premium seating area located directly behind home plate on level 200. Provides an elevated sightline of the field as well as wider padded seats with individual cup holders. Features a full-service bar, in-seat service and a gourmet buffet.
Rogers Centre Arena Guide: Parking and Transportation
- A service called Parking Panda offers guaranteed parking at garages and lots within easy walking distance of Rogers Centre. Visit their website to pay for parking ahead of time. Compare prices and locations, pick a spot that works for you, and they’ll email you the parking pass.
- Two available parking areas. Parking located under the venue which allows use of internal elevators to provide easy access into the building for events.
- Alternate parking available north of Rogers Centre along Front Street or south of Rogers Centre along Queen’s Quay.
- Multiple bus routes available to and from games.
Rogers Centre Arena Guide: Nearby Hotels
- Renaissance Toronto Downtown – Luxury, modern build that is attached to the Rogers Center. 348 rooms with 70 rooms overlooking the field. Offers free breakfast, parking and paid Wifi.
- Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront – Intimate, boutique style hotel providing great views of Lake Ontario and the CN Tower. Offer free Wifi and carries a swimming pool, restaurant, fitness centre and much more.
- SoHo Metropolitan – Very classy, luxury hotel. Offers rejuvenating spa treatments as well as advanced in-room technologies. Also pet friendly.
Rogers Centre Arena Guide: Nearby Restaurants
- Windows on Skydome – 0.0 kms – American, Canadian, “Pub”
- Arriba Restaurant – 0.1 km – American, Canadian, International
- 360 The Restaurant at the CN Tower – 0.2 kms – French, Canadian, International, Gluten Free
Rogers Centre Arena Guide: Nearby Attractions
- CN Tower and Edge Walk – 0.2 kms
- Rogers Centre Tour Experience – 0.1 kms
- Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada – 0.3 kms
- Beer Lover’s Tour Company – 0.2 kms
- Toronto Railway Museum – 0.3 kms
- Toronto Pearson International Airport – 25.7 kms – Click here for flight information!
Any other tips for visiting Rogers Centre in Toronto? Let us know on Twitter or Facebook!