Our First Niagara Center Arena Guide below outlines all of the information you need to know when visiting this arena in Buffalo, NY including Amenities, Attractions, Parking, Transportation and much more!
First Niagara Center Arena Guide:
- Venue: First Niagara Center
- Address: One Seymour H. Knox III Plaza, Buffalo, New York 14203-3096
- Capacity: Hockey 19,070, Concerts 18,500, Basketball 19,200, Wrestling 16,597
First Niagara Center Arena Guide Information
First Niagara Center is a multi-purpose indoor arena located in downtown Buffalo, NY. It was formally known as HSBC Arena and Marine Midland Arena. First Niagara Center is home to the Buffalo Sabres of the National Hockey Association (NHL) and also the Buffalo Bandits of the National Lacrosse League (NLL). It is the largest indoor arena in Western New York. The arena is going to be renamed to the KeyBank Center at the start of the 2016-17 NHL Season.
First Niagara Center Arena Guide: Amenities
- The Labatt Blue Zone is centrally located on the 100 Level overlooking the Pavillion. It is made up of a bar with tables and a timeline of Buffalo Sabres history. The bar is open 2 hours prior to puck drop and offers a full bar and friendly service.
- The Suite Level at First Niagara Center contains 80 private luxury suites offering exclusive accommodations. Features of the Suite Level include a private concourse with private parking access and in-suite dining services. They also provide great views of the on-ice action.
- The Sabres Store, located in the east end of the Pavillion offers the world largest selection of Buffalo Sabres merchandise, including jerseys, t-shirts, jackets and much more. The store also carries merchandise for the Buffalo Bandits.
- Wifi hotspots are located in various locations through the arena, offering free Wifi accessibility. They are marked as such.
- Wide range of traditional and speciality food offerings in convenient locations. In-seat food and beverage service available to Club Seat patrons.
First Niagara Center Arena Guide: Parking and Transportation
- Parking for Suite and 200 Club Seat Season ticket holders for Buffalo Sabres games is located First Niagara Center parking ramp off Illinois Street.
- Parking is available on a limited game to game basis in both the First Niagara Center parking ramp and surface lots. Parking for guests with disabilities is available throughout the surrounding garages and parking lots.
- There are also a number of private parking lots in the area that are not associated with First Niagara Center.
- The arena is conveniently located on 2 major city bus routes and on the NFTA’s Metro Rail rapid transit system, which services the city of Buffalo.
First Niagara Center Arena Guide: Nearby Hotels
- Buffalo Marriott Harborcenter – 0.2 kms – Very great location and close to First Niagara Center. Staff provide exceptional service and many services available such as valet parking as well as free Wifi.
- Courtyard Buffalo Downtown – 0.3 kms – Nice, clean hotel located in a great area. Rooms are spacious and all re-done with multiple services available.
- Lofts on Pearl – 0.7 kms – Historic building close to the emerging Canalside District. The hotel has 32 loft inspired suites with either one or two bedrooms with a full kitchen and many other features. Definitely want to check this out!
First Niagara Center Arena Guide: Nearby Restaurants
- 716 Food & Spirit – 0.2 kms – American, Bar, Pub
- Pizza Plant Italian Pub – 0.4 kms – Italian, Pizza, American
- Pearl Street Grill & Brewery – 0.7 kms – American, Brew Pub, Soups
First Niagara Center Arena Guide: Nearby Attractions
- Canalside – 0.3 kms
- Helium Comedy Club – 0.2 kms
- Buffalo & Erie County Naval and Military Park – 0.4 kms
- Spirit of Buffalo – Buffalo Sailing Adventures – 0.4 kms
- Buffalo History Tours – 0.7 kms
- Buffalo Niagara International Airport – 17.4 kms – Click here for flight information!