Our Madison Square Garden Arena Guide below outlines everything you need to know to when visiting this historic arena in New York including Amenities, Attractions, Parking and more!
Madison Square Garden Arena Guide:
- Venue: Madison Square Garden
- Address: 4 Pennsylvania Plaza, New York, New York 10001 United States
- Capacity: Basketball 19,812, Hockey 18,006, Concerts 20,000, Wrestling 18,500
Madison Square Garden Arena Guide Information
Madison Square Garden (often called MSG or The Garden) is a multi-purose arena in the New York City borough of Manhattan. The Garden is used for professional basketball and ice hockey, as well as concerts, wrestling and many other forms of sports and entertainment. It is home to the New York Rangers of the National Hockey League and the New York Knicks of the National Basketball Association. The field size covers 820,000 square feet.
Madison Square Garden Arena Guide: Amenities
- The Club Bar & Grill is located on the 3rd Floor Terrace Level of The Garden. It is open to all Club Seat holders 2 hours prior to all Knicks and Rangers games and will remain open for all ticketed patrons for up to 1 hour after.
- The 1879 CLUB is an elite membership-only sanctuary for the most valuable VIP Season Subscribers that incorporates unique features and delivers the ultimate Garden experience.
- Multiple concession stands located throughout The Garden that offers pizza, fries, sandwiches, salads, and loads more.
- Garden 366 is a visual retrospective of the arena on the SAP Madison Concourse (6th Floor). While walking the concourse fans are able to recall and learn about 366 remarkable Garden moments.
- Multiple merchandise stands are located throughout the concourses giving you the chance to buy all the great Rangers and Knicks gear before games.
Madison Square Garden Arena Guide: Parking and Transportation
- A service called Parking Panda offers guaranteed parking reservations at garages and lots within easy walking distance of Madison Square Garden. Visit their website to pay for parking ahead of time. Compare prices and locations, pick a spot that works for you, and they’ll email you the parking pass.
- Madison Square Garden does not own, operate or have an affiliation with any parking facilities, however there are multiple lots located around the arena to use.
- AmTrak and other rail stations located at Penn Station that goes to and from areas close to The Garden
- New York City Transit Subway is located at Seventh and Eighth Avenue as well as 34th Street and Avenue of Americas
Madison Square Garden Arena Guide: Nearby Hotels
- Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Midtown – 0.2 kms – Located off W 33rd Street just a few feet away from Madison Square Garden. Offers free Wifi and a hot breakfast buffet as well as spacious suites, an outdoor patio and more.
- Wyndham New Yorker Hotel – 0.2 kms – Very popular hotel in New York City. Newly renovated and upgraded guest rooms and suites. Pet friendly, fitness centre, bar/lounge and much more.
- EVEN Hotel Times Square South – 0.3 kms – Located minutes from The Garden. Facility designed to help guests maintain a healthy lifestyle. In-room fitness zones for private workouts and plenty of healthy food and beverage options. Very moden with spa-inspired showers and more!
Madison Square Garden Arena Guide: Nearby Restaurants
- Tracks Raw Bar & Grill – 0.0 kms – American, Bar, Seafood
- Pizza Suprema – 0.2 kms – Italian, Pizza, Fast Food
- Fresh and Co. – 0.1 kms – American, Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten Free
Madison Square Garden Arena Guide: Nearby Attractions
- Madison Square Garden All Access Tour – 0.1 kms
- New York Pub Crawl – 0.2 kms
- Hammerstein Ballroom – 0.2 kms
- Manhattan Skyline – 0.7 kms
- Room Escape Adventures – 0.3 kms
John F. Kennedy International Airport – 14.9 miles from MSG – Click here for flight information!