Our Consol Energy Center Arena Guide below outlines all of the information you need when visiting this multi-purpose arena in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania including Amenities, Attractions, Parking and more!
Consol Energy Center Arena Guide
- Venue: Consol Energy Center
- Address: 1001 Fifth Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- Capacity: Hockey 18,387, Basketball 19,100, Concerts 14,536-19,758
Consol Energy Center Arena Guide Information
Consol Energy Center is a multi-purpose indoor arena in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania that serves home to the Pittsburgh Penguins of the National Hockey League (NHL). The arena was completed in August of 2010 and opened just in time for the 2010-2011 NHL season. The arena is named for Consol Energy, which purchased the naming rights in December 2008.
Consol Energy Center Arena Guide: Amenities
- 1,950 club seats located at center ice offering unmatched sightlines
- Two unique clubs featuring bistro and bar service enabling guests to watch the live action while entertaining or conducting business
- One concession stand for every 158 visitors which means no more congested lineups
- Public bar and foot court on main concourse with view of the ice/event floor
- 4,000 square foot Pittsburgh Penguins team store with everything you could imagine for the hockey fan
- 800 HDTVs located throughout the arena for your viewing pleasure
Consol Energy Center Arena Guide: Parking and Transportation
- A service called Parking Panda offers guaranteed parking at garages and lots within easy walking distance of Consol Energy Center. Visit their website to pay for parking ahead of time. Compare prices and locations, pick a spot that works for you, and they’ll email you the parking pass.
- Parking is available in the Consol Energy Center lots as well as the Consol Energy Center Garage for non-hockey events. Rates may vary anywhere from $6-$8.
- Port Authority Bus Service that has multiple public transit routes that stop near Consol Energy Center.
- Port Authority’s light rail service – commonly known as the “T” connects three Downtown stations located closest to Consol Energy Center. Service within here is free at all times.
- Head outside the Verizon Gate if you are needing a taxi after the event.
Consol Energy Center Arena Guide: Nearby Hotels
- Pittsburgh Marriott City Center – 0.3 kms – Luxury hotel in downtown Pittsburgh. Includes free high-speed Wifi, a bar/lounge, a restaurant and more.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown – 0.4 kms – Located in the heart of the central business district and within 25 minutes of Pittsburgh International Airport. Features complimentary shuttle around downtown, free Wifi, 24 hour fitness centre and more!
- Hotel Monaco Pittsburgh – 0.7 kms – Ranked as the #1 luxury hotel in Pittsburgh and located right in downtown. Pet friendly, spacious suites, bar/lounge and more to make your stay a great one.
Consol Energy Center Arena Guide: Nearby Restaurants
- Pizza Milano – 0.1 kms – Pizza, Italian, American
- Tian’s China Wok – 0.1 kms – Chinese
- Blue Line Grille – 0.2 kms – American, Bar, Grill
Consol Energy Center Arena Guide: Nearby Attractions
- Senator John Heinz History Center – 0.9 kms
- PNC Park(Pittsburgh Pirates) – 1.7 kms
- Point State Park – 1.6 kms
- Wigle Whiskey – 1.7 kms
- Andy Warhol Museum – 1.5 kms
- Pittsburgh International Airport – 19.8 miles – Click here for flight information!
- Located at 1000 Airport Blvd, Pittsburgh, PA 15231